* God prepares a virgin, Mary, raising her in the Temple from the age of three.
* Mary conceives via the Holy Spirit, without a man’s seed.
* God become fully human taking on flesh from the Virgin Mary who gains the title Theotokos, birth giver of God
• God becoming the same as us in flesh but remaining fully God, transforms us.
* Jesus Christ provides the path for the salvation of all humanity through His teaching, our Baptism and participation in the sacramental life in His Church established by His Apostles.
* If we purify our hearts through a life of repentance, gained by a disciplined life guided by the Holy Spirit involving fasting, prayer and participation in the Sacraments, we will be united with God.
* Joined with Him, united with the the Holy Spirit, we will receive the power to act so that “Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven” as it says in the Lord’s prayer we all recite.
* Striving to do His will, repenting where we fail, we have hope in our salvation from a loving and merciful God who promises eternal life in His Kingdom.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us.
Glory be to the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, now and forever unto the ages of ages.
May the Lord grant you many blessings on this day and in the New Year to come.